Saturday, May 6, 2017

Solomon Kane (2009)

Much Better Than I Ever Expected!


This film kept popping up in my recommendations - so I finally broke down to get the DVD. I must say this film is much better than I ever expected and very glad it was in my recommendations!

The back of the DVD compares this film to the LotR Trilogy - but I don't see that. I love the LotR Trilogy and I have fallen for Solomon Kane too but they are not comparable films. Some has suggested Van Helsing but I don't see a comparison to Van Helsing either. Solomon Kane is a film all of it's own - but yes it's just as good as the LotR Trilogy and Van Helsing. I would compare this film more to another good film called Black Death - if I was forced to make a comparison.

Solomon Kane is a really good story - super good cinematography, costumes, sets - and I actually think the acting is very good too. Special effects are good, not over done or misused in any way.

8.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment