Sunday, October 30, 2016

Black Death (2010)

A Very Good Medieval Horror

I love this style of horror film: slowly building suspense, subtle horror and a great story with lots of great atmosphere. Black Death is a medieval adventure horror that has very bleak aura with a very good story. I really love the medieval eye-candy (costumes and sets), cinematography, and just everything about the film! That is saying a lot because I am not into most modern day horror films but this film is one of rare gems in modern day horror movies. It's outstanding.

All of the actors are superior! I have to say that Sean Bean is Boromir err Ulrich I mean. He's fantastic in these types of roles. Eddie Redmayne is fantastic in his role as Osmund the monk and John Lynch as Wolfstan is just as good! Just everyone in this film has done an outstanding job - very convincing performances.

This is a hidden gem in a sea of modern day muck movies. I highly enjoyed this film and would love watch it over and over again.

9/10



No comments:

Post a Comment