Tuesday, August 8, 2023

The Pirates of Penzance (1983)

 

A Fantastic Musical Put To Film

 

I was 10 years old when 'The Pirate Movie' came out - loved it at the time. It's a bastardization of stage musical 'The Pirates of Penzance'. Then a year later 'The Pirates of Penzance' was on film; I loved it as well. All these years later and revisiting the two movies again - I find that 'Pirate Movie' isn't to my tastes anymore, whereas 'Penzance' is far superior and I still enjoy it.

'Penzance' is a delightful musical comedy that people of all ages can enjoy if they like pirates and/or musicals. The song 'Paradox' had me rolling of the floor laughing - it's too funny.

I've got to obtain a copy of this film for my library. This is a film I'll watch again.

9/10

 The Pirates of Penzance (1983)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment