Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Edgar Allan Poe's Lighthouse Keeper (2016)

A Good Throwback Film To
The Days Of Classic Horror

I liked this one quite a bit. None really knows what Edgar Allan Poe had in mind for the ending, he died before this story was finished, but I think the filmmakers did an excellent job of finishing the tale.

I have never read this piece of unfinished work by Poe, so I cannot compare. I have Poe's Complete Works but this one, although unfinished, was never added to the collection - I looked today for it in the book.

Worth watching if you like the older style of horror films and/or Edgar Allan Poe's tales. Bravo to the filmmakers for creating a good horror film for today's world... most of them today aren't actually horror but more of a simple gore fest to veg-out for viewing... this film instead works with the viewers mind as good horror should be.

9/10



No comments:

Post a Comment