Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Word (2013)

I Felt The Father's Anger

Tom Hawkins' son was kidnapped then murdered as a sacrifice. His rage and grief was great... he has to make a choice: stay true to his religious beliefs and let the law handle it OR to seek revenge.

Great performances, I could feel the pain and anger that Hawkins was feeling for the loss of his child as well as wanting "true justice" for the crime committed. My heart went out to him.

I won't give anything away but I wondered if FBI Mike Sheehy (James Naughton) was one of the "snakes in the grass" until the very end of the film. Mysterious character to me.

CONFESSION TIME: I thought James Naughton was Tommy Lee Jones in this particular film... I'm sorry but I did. I thought it was Jones "fixed-up". My apologies. I never looked to see who was in the film - just picked it out to watch because it sounded good.

Anyway, great film!! I really enjoyed this dramatic mystery-thriller - it's worth watching!

8.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment