Sunday, December 21, 2014

Vampire Circus (1972)


An Odd But Oh-So-Good Vampire Film




Yet another film I have not seen in years. I recently had a chance to watch it again and I have to say this is a pretty good older vampire film that has some uniqueness to it because they use a traveling circus as a disguise. The movie is better than I remembered it to be. The film is worth watching if you love vampires, creepy circus/carnivals and horror movies in general.

I love creepy carnival/circus movies and this group of vampires can put on a show. I love the tiger lady - she is cool! Two vampires turn into bat and one turns into a panther right before the eyes of viewer - good camera tricks - almost looks real.  An eerie circus and vampires mix all to well in this movie - well done! I have to say this is an underrated Vampire film.


Fun note: The strong man of the circus is our very own Dave Prowse - yes the man who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars Trilogy! This film shows us why he great for the strong man. 

9/10



No comments:

Post a Comment