Monday, June 23, 2014

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)

A Long Time Favorite




An excellent classic science fiction film. The movie has the illusion of a high dollar film for a low budget price tag.

I saw this film when it first came out in 1977, I was a mere 5 years old, but it made an impression in my memory that I still cannot shake to the very day. No one back then knew that the movie would become iconic - but it did.

What George Lucas created is extraordinary - even considering the fact the budget was limited (and you would never know it by watching the film). The special effects and costuming are phenomenal for the time era plus factoring in the limited funding to create the film (even by today's standards). The sets and ships appear elaborate yet there was not much to them.

The story is captivating and well executed by the actors playing the roles. I will not rehash the story for those that have seen it nor will I ruin the film for those who have not.

It is a must see movie.

10/10

IMDb: Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)

No comments:

Post a Comment