Sunday, February 5, 2017

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary  (1979)

A Rare Gem Worth Seek Out


A rare gem worth seeking out and enjoy watching it... if for no other reason than Vincent Price. Price narrates 3 ghost stories. And this is NOT an animation as it says, it is a rare episode from the CBS Library TV movie specials that aired every-so-often from 1979 to 1983). I believe it was mainly geared toward getting children to read.

1) "The Ghost Belonged To Me" - it's about a ghost that only a young boy can see. It was ok, my least favorite of the 3.

2) "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" - I think most all of us know this tale. This is a very cute version of it. My favorite of the 3 and a bit too short for my taste, I wish it was longer.

3) "The House With A Clock In Its Walls".  A young boy lives with his uncle after he lost his parents. His uncle has clocks all over his walls but there is one clock within the walls, one with a ghost that threatens to kill the boy, his uncle and is deadly for all mankind. This is the longest story of the 3 and a very good one indeed. My 2nd favorite of the trilogy of tales.

I like this one more than I should. I found it fun, refreshing and loved the spooky atmosphere throughout the film.

8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment