Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Troy (2004)

The Action Is Entertaining

Whether or not the stories of Troy and Helen are true is debatable. I for one think that maybe there was a Troy once upon a time but I do not believe the myth that any battle took place over a woman called Helen. That's just my take on the legend. As far as the film goes, it pretty good. I look at it as Hollywood cinema and that is all; no differently than in the way I view Clash of the Titans - Hollywood telling us their version of a Greek Myth.

The action of the battles, costumes and sets are what grabbed my attention and not so much the story itself. There are a couple more versions of this tale in film form that tells us the tale a little differently. This particular version of the story is fine but I really like the eye-candy of the costumes (no matter who are wearing them, I like them). And I like the battle scenes and this film started out with a with a loud BANG.

Yes I like this film, it's enjoyable - especially the costuming eye-candy (and I know that's shallow - and I'm NOT speaking of actors but the period costuming and battles - I love it).

7/10
Troy (2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment