Monday, January 16, 2017

The Musketeer (2001)

Not a Good Swashbuckler But Okay
To change the story that Alexander Dumas wrote somewhat is fine to me as long as it is not completely butchered. Only a silly dumb comedy is the exception that I can tolerate. But to throw in martial arts into the story leads to a butchered disaster.

The only perk to this film is that the swashbuckling scenes are choreographed well plus the costumes and sets are nice. The acting is mediocre at best. Other than those things - the film is pretty much awful.

I will admit that I was thinking this film was another film and when I got to watching it and reading comments on it I then recalled seeing this version of The Musketeers before... I then fast-forwarded the film to watch. It's pretty bad.

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment