Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Exorcist (1973)

Still Packs A Punch!

I've got to say this film still packs a punch! It can still send shivers up and down my spine when I watch it - and it's not the head spinning or the pea-soup that gets to me - it's when the demon first starts to take her over that is the most frightening to me. Regan and her mother are both confused, the doctors are trying all they can think of to help and she's a 12 year old girl - that is the most frightening to me!! Once the priest is called in it's not as scary to me anymore (it was just the opposite for me when I was a teen lol). It's not only the daughter I feel for but her mother as well... not to mention those that died for a cause: to remove the devil from Regan.

Great cast! The special effects still hold up today, super scary story and just a fun scary movie to watch! It's still an impressive film!

Overall this film is still excellent! It is still one of my favorite horror films... it's a classic that I hope to enjoy over and over again for the rest of my life.

9/10


The Exorcist (1973)


No comments:

Post a Comment