Monday, November 9, 2015

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)

I Enjoyed The Film


This is an outstanding film. I have to say the stage plays and earlier films have escaped me for years... so this Tim Burton adaptation is the first time I've seen or heard the story of Sweeney Todd. I still don't know how the earlier films have eluded me but I'm planning on trying to find a copy of the 1936 film starring Tod Slaughter as Sweeney Todd because I know I'll enjoy it: I like the story and Tod Slaughter.

I've read and heard that some have complained about this version remaining a musical but I for one enjoyed the songs and singing. We do not have very many musicals in today's films and I'm glad this particular film remained a musical.

This film is scary, sad and, well, bloody. There is plenty of on-screen terror to fulfill most any horror fan.

Good entertaining horror. I quite enjoyed the movie.

9.5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment