Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sha chu chong wei (1978)

Psycho Action Film


Sha chu chong wei translates to 'Breakout from Oppression' in English. It is an action-horror film from Hong Kong. This is not a film that is overrun with martial arts as the poster shows. It's actually a fairly creepy psycho slasher film to my surprise.

I got this film in the Mill Creek Drive-in 50-pack. I didn't think much of the movie when I first started watching the film but I found the film to be "ok"... not a terrible horror film. It's not great but it is surprisingly watchable - pretty good.

It's got a strange but groovy 1970s soundtrack. Some oddball scenes. An overall eeriness once you get into the story good and one crazy psycho jealous woman that is killing people slasher style.

The movie does have entertainment value for horror fans. It is a surprisingly fairly interesting film.

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment