Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Top Notch Sci-Fi


It's been years since I have seen this wonderful classic - seeing it again I have to say it is outstanding! Wonderful film - great message at the end.

This 'space man' I would love to fly away with - a peace-loving, human-like man from another world. *I wish I could*

What is it they want? What they want is a peaceful universe or they will destroy the trouble makers in order to keep the peace. Irradiate the trouble makers for universal peace.

For 1951, the special effects are good. Sure it's not "today's standards" but "today's standards" will seem 'old' in a few years. The special effects for 1951 are well done.

The story and acting is top-notch. This is a must see film for sci-fi fans. It is a classic film that all generations can enjoy.

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment