Monday, December 22, 2014

Horror on Snape Island (Tower of Evil) (1972)

Prelude  to the Stereo-Typical Slasher 
Films of the 80's. *YAWN*
 
 
 
The original title of the British film is "Tower of Evil". It is known in the U.S. as "Beyond the Fog" and in Canada as "Horror on Snape Island" or "Horror of Snape Island".

Not a film for me.... I kept fast forwarding and all I saw was naked young people wanting to have sex - minus one female. Why all the pointless sex scenes and nudity? To fill out the film because there isn't enough of a story to make a movie out of I'm afraid.

Yes this is one of the prelude films to the stereo-typical slasher films of the 80's. We all know what happens already: A group of over-sex young people find a way to isolate themselves and then get picked off one by one by a slasher. *Yawn!*

The monster at the end of this film is quite a laugh... stupid looking really. Not at all scary.

Some people may really enjoy this film - but I for one did not like what little of it I watched. I'm just glad we have a fast forward button.

I will give this movie a 2 just for the attempt of a Gothic atmosphere.

2/10



No comments:

Post a Comment