Thursday, October 30, 2014

Spider Baby (The Maddest Story Ever Told) (1967)

Comedy? More Like A Great Horror Thriller To Me.


I 'lost' this film in my memory banks - and after watching it a few minutes I recalled seeing it before but it was a long time ago so I watched it again recently and I have to say it is a good solid horror film. It's more true horror than comedy. Sure Spider Baby has a handful of humorous moments but it is more of a good horror-thriller film to me. This movie is engrossing, very suspenseful and just weird but an oh so good story. It is a demented movie - so odd and just flat out creepy.

This is one of Lon Chaney, Jr's best films. He was really good in this. So if you like Lon Chaney, Jr as Larry Talbot in The Wolf Man then you should like him in this movie - good performance. The rest of the cast was so convincing in this film as well - so don't watch it for just Chaney watch it for the rest of the cast too.

9.5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment