Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005)

A Good Courtroom Drama

The movie is loosely based on the real life Anneliese Michel. The story itself is quite good. I really enjoyed the courtroom drama aspect of the movie.  I did not pick a side (defense or plaintiff) in the movie - instead I wanted to hear valid points and arguments from both sides. Some of the arguments in the courtroom I disliked but in that way it is realistic... you may not like some of the questions, statements and arguments in real life court cases.

Some of the "scary parts" of the movie had me laughing or poking fun at the scene.... it was just a bit too much for such an otherwise good film. If they would have left some of that out I could have rated this movie a lot higher!

The roles are well played by all of the actors. Most are very convincing... particularly in the courtroom! The drama keep me in suspense.

For me this movie was well worth a one time watch. I do recommend this movie if you like religious-occult themed horror films.

6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment