Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Donnie Darko (2001)



 Brilliant!



I had avoided watching this film for quite few years - why? I had a couple of people that liked b-rated films the way I do to tell me this is a good film - watch it! I thought "Oh no not another crappy b-rated horror film - I only like certain ones! And the name 'Darko" sounds like a worse than cheap b-rated film." Then more people told me to watch this film because I would love it. What is going on here I thought - why are so many people telling me that I would love this film? Well I finally broke down to watch the movie - I had no idea who played in it, nor did I know anything about the movie only that I would love it - so I had gone into watching the film thinking I would hate it. Well I ate my words and it didn't taste very well... the movie is
Brilliant! And I do in-fact love this film! I thank everyone that told me to watch this movie!

Yes Donnie Darko is a very dark, thrilling mystery film that will leave you days later pondering the film. It is well worth watching!

***********Spoiler***********

Time Travel - if you could go back in time, what would you change? Donnie Darko decided to go back in time to die - to save others from their deaths and any pain that Donnie himself may have caused others. The movie shows how one person can influence the lives of others. For example: If Gretchen Ross had not have met and gone out with Donnie then she would not have died that night.

*****************************

This is a film you may have to watch more than once to full get a grip on everything that is going on. I highly recommend this movie but be prepared to think during and after the movie - it is one of those types of films.

10/10

IMDb: Donnie Darko (2001)

No comments:

Post a Comment