Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pete's Dragon (1977)

A Childhood Favorite


In 1977 I was 5 years old and I loved this film when I was a kid - and I can still remember quite a bit about it today. This film helped me to fall 'in-love' with dragons... a childhood wish to have a pet dragon of my own just like Pete. It's a wonderful family film with a good story - great for all ages.

The movie has a pretty good soundtrack for a Walt Disney Musical - but my favorite song from the film is "It's Not Easy". I had the song on an old Disneyland album (Best of Disney Vol 2) when I was a kid. LOL I get a chuckle when I think about that today: Nostalgia. Pure nostalgia.

If you like movie like 'Eragon' or 'Puff the Magic Dragon' then you might like the film Pete's Dragon.

8.5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment