Thursday, October 23, 2014

Puff the Magic Dragon (1978)

Not A Bad Children's Classic



Puff the Magic Dragon (1978) is not a bad children's classic. This is one of those film shorts that I would want my kids to see (if I had any). It does have a pretty good story to teach the kids about overcoming their fears of speaking to others or giving a public speech.

I do recall seeing the movie short when I was a kid and I do recalling liking it to a degree. It was mainly Puff that I liked as a kid because he is a dragon (and not so much the story) and the song by Peter, Paul and Mary.

Any way, I do recommend this movie for the kids. As for adults, it's good for pure nostalgia or curiosity.

Good companion films (keeping with the theme of a boy and his dragon): 'Eragon' and 'Pete's Dragon'.

7/10



No comments:

Post a Comment