Saturday, July 6, 2024

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)

 

Jar Jar Still Annoys Me

Watch the race scene for a cameo by Warwick Davis - he played the ewok Wicket in 'Return of the Jedi'.

The most annoying Star Wars character is Jar Jar Binks - in my opinion. All that 'mesa' this and 'mesa' that rakes on my nerves. Otherwise, okay film.

Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley look much a like in this film it's hard to tell them apart sometimes. Liam Neeson is amazing as always. The rest of the cast is pretty good too.

The story is rather blah minus the ending lightsaber battle. Too much focus on a race with young Anakin Skywalker and the rest of it just political garbage that isn't relevant to the Skywalker Saga.

I'd watch it again - but it's not a favorite of the Star Wars franchise by any means.

6/10.

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)


No comments:

Post a Comment