Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey (1977 TV Movie)

 

Another Nice Rankin-Bass Film

Another Rankin-Bass Production I grew up with - I was 5 years old when this came out. I still like this one in spite the fact it's a religious animation. If you can see past the religious aspect of the film then you might like this animation. If you are religious then you should give this film a try.

I always found Nestor adorable - those ears really makes him that way. He's as cute as the New Years Baby in Rudolph's Shiny New Year (1976). Being a misfit myself, I have a soft spot for misfit characters.

Nestor is made fun of by others and is soon kicked out of his home. His mother follows him into the blizzard and dies, leaving Nestor alone. Nestor befriends a cherub who takes the donkey to meet with his destiny.

Good film short.

8/10

Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey (1977 TV Movie)


No comments:

Post a Comment