Sunday, November 7, 2021

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2011)

 

Extremely Annoying & Incredibly Bad


I'll rename the film Extremely Annoying & Incredibly Bad. I have never read the book, but I don't care to compare the two very much BUT in some cases you need to when the film deviates to far from the book. I've read several saying that the book did NOT have 9-11 as a backdrop. I think the film makers used 9-11 to bring tears/more emotion but it failed to do so because it didn't work at all and was unnecessary to the plot.

As far as the actors: ALL was good. There are no questions about that. Thomas Horn as Oskar was outstanding and because of that I hated Oskar - I find the kid incredibly rude and annoying.  OH and let's not forget that damn tambourine.

Sandra Bullock - great as always but I hated her character. I mean a horrible parent. Who  in their right mind would allow a boy that is around 13 or 14 to run all over NYC alone? Yes the mother got to the people ahead of Oskar to alert them, yes she tracked her son but also put in extreme danger! I hated the mother allowing that.

I found the film long and drawn out for no reason. It's like they tried to hard to make a heartwarming story but I'm sorry it failed to make me feel that way. I was annoyed throughout the film.

3/10

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2011)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment