Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Knight of the Dead (2013)

I Actually Liked It

This one took me for a surprise - I was expecting to laugh and roll my eyes throughout watching it but instead I became engrossed in the story and that was a pleasant surprise for me. I actually liked the film.

I do wish the "Z" zombies would have been a little less at times and a little better than they were BUT it didn't take away from the actual storyline - and I know it is a "B" film (not a lot of money to make it so the "Z" zombies were easily overlooked by me in favor of the tale).

I was routing for the Priest since the beginning... and he is the main/core character. The one guy who seemed very angry at the witch (the warrior) I thought would make it close or to the very end but that didn't happen. I wasn't sure about the other men in the group if some could make it out of there alive!!

I'm not a big fan of zombies (only a small handful of zombie films I actually like) - but this zombie/knight film gave me another zombie flick I can actually enjoy watching. The dark gray, bleak atmosphere and a band of men with a goal did something for me - I enjoyed the watch.

8.5/10

Knight of the Dead (2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment