Thursday, September 7, 2017

Dracula (1974)

Fantastic Adaptation

I remember seeing this when I was a kid... I have fond memories of the film, I loved it. I re-watched the film today and I still find that I completely enjoy it - just wonderful.

Jack Palance as Dracula?!! YES!! He can be a menacing villain or a great hero... he is a surprising choice for the role but a great choice. I really think he is one of the creepiest Vampires on film.  He, Palance, has the poise, grace, mannerism and Gothic villainy that is needed to play the Count! Personally, I find Palance just as good as Christopher Lee, Bela Lugosi, Frank Langella and others in the role! It does take a special type of guy to play this particular role well - one with eloquence and proper mannerism as well as being vile!

This is one of the truest adaptations to the book - not exactly like the written novel but one that is faithful as possible without a lot of veering away.

9.5/10

Dracula (1974)

No comments:

Post a Comment