Sunday, May 14, 2017

Macabre (1980)

The Very End Surprised Me

Well, I guessed wrong! I thought the daughter was maybe into voodoo / black magic but nothing was ever mentioned of it and that is what surprised me! I already guess right about the severed head in the freezer so when that was revealed it was no shock - just the tail end of the film gave me the surprise and it wasn't what I expected at all. It's always fun to guess the outcome and to get a surprise ending instead of a "yep, I knew it".

The movie make you wonder if something supernatural is happening or if there is an unsuspected, unseen killer lurking during some of the scenes. They make it obvious that the mother and the daughter both are off their rockers but it's also obvious there is something more going on that will not be revealed until the very tail end of the film.

It's a strange film - not great, not awful but fun to watch.

7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment