Sunday, May 14, 2017

Don't Go in the House (1979)

I Didn't Expect Much - And It Wasn't


The film only held my interest for a little while then I ended up fast-forwarding, stopped to watch the part with him and the priest and then watched the crappy ending. I wasn't expecting much out of this film, and it isn't much.

Basically his mother was strong in her Catholic faith, she took things literally especially "burning to purify". His mom burned his arms as a child every time she considered him "evil". His mom died at the beginning of the film, he's now free and he burns women. He also hears voices - voices of women particularly when he's about to do his killing.

The ending is just awful - supposedly burned women he sees walking towards him (all in his mind of course) - just terrible. I think if this film was NOT an exploitation styled film but styled more noir-ish (like the psycho films) then I would have enjoyed the film a lot more.

3/10


No comments:

Post a Comment