Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Evel Knievel (1971)

A Loose Biography On The Daredevil
Evel Knievel


Apparently, from what I've read on it, George Hamilton ended up reading this script to the real Evel Knievel while he was in the hospital (again). And from what I've read, the real Evel Knievel ended up taking lines from this film and using them as his own, including him being the new gladiator of the new Rome.

I know I saw this movie sometime either in the late 1970s to early 1980s - as a kid to preteen. I also remember seeing him jump on TV - I'm sure it was some marketing thing going on and might have seen him on when I was 5 (that would be about the right age that I started remembering things fairly well). Anyway, he was popular in the 1970s and early 80s and I do remember seeing his jumps on TV.

The movie is "OK" I guess. It's nothing to seek out as a biography on him, it's really only a loose biography when he and Linda met and married. Apparently the real Evel Knievel approved of the film when the script was read to him - that's just a guess because the film was made.

4/10 



No comments:

Post a Comment