Monday, January 16, 2017

The Magic Sword (1962)

A Super Fun Fantasy Adventure - Possibly Gordon's Best


This has got to be one of the best Bert I. Gordon films I've ever seen - maybe his very best. I find it amazing what he could create on a low budget - it looks and feels as good as any high budget epic film of the time era. The sets & costuming are just as fantastic a the high dollar movies. The special effects are super for it's day and better than some of the newer low budget special effects today. Cinematography grand it creates an eeriness that I like. And the acting is quite good, the story fun. It's a drama splashed with a healthy does of comedy. I saw this one as a kid/teen and very glad to see it again all these years later.

I got the 4-Pack Sorcerer's Apprentice films just for this movie. And this is the only film that is actually worth watching of the 4 films. I would recommended just buying this film as a single copy rather than the 4-pack I got, but one might find one of the other 3 films entertaining, but I doubt it.

8.5/10 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment