Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The Brain Machine (1977)

Boring Yet Interesting 

I acquired this film in the Mill Creek Sci-Fi Classics 50-Pack. I have a sense of "it feels like I'm in the 1980s, it's late at night and I'm channel surfing. I saw some action that looked kinda interesting so I decided to watch the movie". - That is what I'm sensing with this film. I don't know if that really happened that way in the 80s or the film itself just gives me those vibes. I know I've seen this one in the past but I didn't recall anything about it - so I watched it watched the DVD. 

The movie is boring yet interesting. I don't know if I like it or it bored me. I'm not even sure if it's semi-good or just blatantly awful. But there is something strangely interesting about this film. 

Rosco P. Coltrane! Good to see James Best in a role outside of the Sheriff. He's actually really good in this movie - very good in fact.

This film is hard to explain in terms of good or bad. You'd just have to judge the film for yourself.

4.5/10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment