Sunday, January 15, 2017

Reign of Fire (2002)

1980s B Action Meets England & Dragons

The film does not seem to know exactly what theme to go with because it flip-flops from a gothic medieval look and feel to a 1980s B Action look and feel. Christian Bale's character, Quinn Abercromby, and his group in England give us the gothic medieval vibes while Matthew McConaughey's character, Denton Van Zan, and his group give us the cheap 1980s B Action vibes.The film makers created a weird combination with this film.

It's an "ok" film. I would have liked this film much better if they would have left out the Americans and their 80s B-Action military crud. Yes I wish they would have created the film with gothic, medieval vibes - that would have been up my alleyway.

The dragons look great. There is NO misuse of CGI in this film - I can give it that much credit. The story is so-so and could have been much better without the 80s action stuff in it. The acting is really good in the film - that includes the American 1980s action group of people. All actors did a fine job in this one.

I got this film for free using some points I had built up - so I can't complain too badly.. but I would have chosen a different free film if I knew this movie had the 80s B-Action added to it. I would have rather watched this film online instead of having it in my DVD collection. But I have it now, I'll keep it and watch it again sometime in the future.

6.5/10

Reign of Fire (2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment