Monday, September 5, 2016

Nancy Drew... Reporter (1939)

I'm NOT A Nancy Drew Fan


The movie might be good to some people - in-fact I know it is. But for me trying to sit through this movie is like sitting in a dentist chair - nerve-racking! I'm easily irritated buy a bunch of teens onscreen trying to pull off comedy - it's just me and my tastebuds I know.

I've never been a fan of the Nancy Drew books and I'm not a fan of the films - the films are worse for me because now I see and hear the teens. Nothing personal towards the publisher Edward Stratemeyer nor the many writers under the  pseudonym Carolyn Keene - Nancy Drew is just not my style.

IF you are a fan of the books then I do recommend the films! I'm sure you will enjoy them! They are family style / kid friendly stories.

2/10



No comments:

Post a Comment