Friday, May 6, 2016

Children of the Corn (1984)

One of the Best 1980s Horror Films


These are some of the brattiest and most terrifying "creepy kids" ever on film. IDK who is worse: Malachi or Issac? Issac is the (evil) reverend that started it all but it is Malachi that has the strongest lust for blood - murder or umm sacrifices "to He Who Walks Behind The Rows"" and will even defy Issac to kill.

This film is a classic horror in it's own right. It's a part of the 60's through 80's horror classics that many of us grew up with. The film is downright terrifying at times. It's a supernatural horror film that has stood the test of time - quite a good one if you ask me.

I've never read Stephen King's novel (technically short story) but even if I did I could not compare the film to the book - it's unfair. They have to make some changes sometimes in order to translate things to the screen and for time allotment. There are various reasons for the changes from book to film - so it's never fair to compare the two I don't think. Even when I read a book then see a film I rate the film as Hollywood entertainment and the book as a good or bad book separately. 

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment