Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Doors (1991)

Not Perfect but Great Fun


This movie is not perfect - there are a small handful of things added to the film to make a fun "rock music film". There are however quite a number of things that really did happen that are added to the film - most of the things in the movie really happened (as I mentioned just a small handful of things that didn't happen in reality).

As far as the casting goes I think everyone was great. This is the film that got my attention towards Val Kilmer - I never really paid much attention to him as an actor before I watched this film for the first time a few years ago. Kilmer really did a great job at portraying Morrison. He did his best and pulled it off well in my book.

I don't view this movie as "the gospel" of The Doors band but I enjoy the film as simply a fun rock movie film with some true to real life events. If you want to see a great documentary on The Doors then I recommend "When You're Strange".

9/10



No comments:

Post a Comment