Saturday, March 12, 2016

Jesse James (1939)

Not An Actual Biography But...


Not an actual biography but a good romanticized fictional account of what happened. That is the way with most Hollywood "biographical" films - just names and places being "real" the stories are usually embellished quite a bit - this film is no different. Nevertheless watching the film from a purely entertainment point of view the film is good it does what it sets out to do - entertain. As a general rule: I don't watch many Westerns - I'm not a huge fan of the genre - but there are a few Westerns that I adore. This particular Western has what it takes to keep me entertained.

Now I have to say: I do not condone harming animals for any reason especially for "entertainment" and that does include Hollywood films. I'm just glad the Humane Society is watching more carefully now.
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment