Saturday, January 16, 2016

The House by the Cemetery (1981)

Creepy Italian Horror


In a few parts, this film reminds me of The Amityville Horror and The Shining (in a roundabout way) yet it's nothing like either film. The creature in the basement puts me in mind of Leatherface lol.

The film is a bit gory and bloody - but in a good way. The story is very interesting. The ending of the film is quite strange and I didn't care for it that much. The rest of the film was really good though.

As far as the dubbing into English, I didn't have a problem with it. I'm sure they could have found a better voice for Bob Boyle's (Giovanni Frezza) part but the voice used was okay enough.

This one would be a good film the Halloween season - it's a decent horror film overall.

6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment