Thursday, November 5, 2015

Drácula (1931)

Excellent Mr. Renfield


I acquired the Spanish-language version of the 1931 Dracula in the Universal Classic Monsters collection. It is excellent Mr. Renfield.

It is the same film, same story, same script, same set as Browning's Dracula starring Bela Lugosi with slight differences. Really its a matter of personal preference. Both films are equally as good as the other. Nothing was lost from film to film.

I did not find that I liked one film over the other. I found them equally stunning and worthy of watching. The one thing is I don't speak Spanish so I had to read the closed captions... luckily I already know the story from the Lugosi film.

Carlos Villarías is great just like a Spanish Bela Lugosi. I'm more partial to Bela Lugosi because I enjoy him as an actor but as far as the films go they are equal. Both films receives a 10/10 stars from me.

10/10

Drácula (1931)



No comments:

Post a Comment