Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Terror (1963)

A Good Pieced Together Ghost Story


It's been many years since I've seen this one and I've just watched it again. I found the film quite interesting, mysterious and worth watching. I grew up on films like this so naturally I enjoy this type of horror flick.

Now for a film that had 5 directors and was pieced together the movie turned out to be a good ghost story. Honestly I've seen this film before and I never knew that it had 5 directors and was pieced together - I just found that out recently.

This is one of those films I call "quietly thrilling" meaning there is not a lot of action for the thrills but it has subtly thrilling moments with a bit of suspense and an air of mystery.

I can say this movie is a must see for fans of Boris Karloff and Jack Nicholson. Another film starring both of these wonderful actors is a comedy-horror called "The Raven (1963) " - so break out the popcorn and make it a double feature!

8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment