Friday, June 12, 2015

Bedlam (1946)


A Genuinely Creepy Film



This is one of the creepiest films on asylums I've ever seen I've ever seen. Bedlam stars Boris Karloff and this might be the most vile role that Karloff has ever played: Master George Sims.

The movie is pure fiction - it is not based on a true story. It's a fictional story about St. Mary's of Bethlehem Asylum AKA Bedlam and it's a good story. Honestly, I don't doubt that there is some sort of truth within this film because many of us have heard real life horror stories about Bedlam before the reform or should I say the modern era.

This movie is worth watching if you like creepy movies about asylums, Gothic-styled thrillers, and horror films. The movie is quite a bit underrated on IMDb (in my opinion).

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment