Saturday, June 6, 2015

Attack of the Giant Leeches (1959)


Better Than Expected

I have to say this film surprised me, it's better than I expected it to be. Believe it or not, this film actually has somewhat of a story which is saying a lot for a film of this type! What was interesting to me was the character interactions and relationships within the film - that is something I did not expect with this movie.

The giant leech costumes are a little disappointing but really not all that bad for a 1959 b-rated flick - it is what you might expect. Not all of the giant leech scenes are disappointing in fact some scenes are quite good in costuming & effects.

The film is b-rated but it's not a very cheap looking low budget flick like one would expect - like I expected. The "eerie swamp" horror films are quite fun and this one is definitely in that category.

This movie would make a good double feature with a film like Strangler of the Swamp (1946)  or even Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954).

6.5/10 



No comments:

Post a Comment