Monday, October 13, 2014

Sleepy Hollow ( 1999 )

A Wonderful Film Adaptation of the Classic Tale

"The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" has been one of my favorite stories since I was a kid. I recall having the story read to me and seeing Disney's classic version of the tale in the 1949 animated "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad". Needless to say, when I saw the advertisements for Tim Burton's take on the story I had to watch it and, to no surprise, I fell in love with Burton's "Sleepy Hollow".

The movie is full of Victorian Gothic imagery -- and, as someone mentioned, it has a bit of "steampunk" thrown in to the mix which really adds to all the wonderful imagery in the film.

The movie is an exciting mystery which is "peppered" with some (Tim Burton) humor. A very thrilling movie to watch on a dark and stormy night while all the lights are off.

This movie is one of my all time favorite films ever! 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment