Thursday, July 3, 2014

Halloween (2007)

Nice Remake

I Loved John Carpenter's Halloween (1978). I never thought it could be remade well enough to suit me. And I figured if it was remade then it would be more violent and bloody - a very cheap version of the original film that took out all the mystery and trills leaving us with only a gore-fest. Then I heard that Zombie had a version of the movie which surprised me - it is good!

I liked Rob Zombie's re-visioning of the original and the added backstory on Michael Myers. The original saga had 7 parts to it (8 parts but I can't count "Season of the Witch"). Basically I feel that Zombie took all 7 Michael Myers stories and *basically* summed them all up in one film. No not completely but basically.

AND who better to play Dr. Loomis in Zombie's film than Malcolm McDowell?! Wonderful choice!

To rate in comparison Zombie vs Carpenter then I would give Zombie an 8 and Carpenter a 10.

To rate Zombie as a completely separate movie - not compared to Carpenter then Zombie gets an 9.5.

So I guess totaling up it all up I will have to rate Zombie's Halloween (2007) a 9.

9/10
Halloween (2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment