Monday, June 23, 2014

Red Dawn (1984)

 Old Enough To Remember



Red Dawn came out when I was 12 years of age... the movie sent chills down my spine. I recall hearing some of the adults speak of the Cold War and Russia in general. I recall some of the people being terrified that something like the movie Red Dawn could happen. To this day, I still think of this movie when I think of a war (an invasion) on American soil.

Maybe you would have to be older to get this film entirely... or read about the Cold War to get full understanding and the chilling effect of what this film is about.

I have yet to watch the re-make of Red Dawn, I hear they changed the country to North Korea. I'm not so sure the re-make would be all that good because I am old enough to recall the fears of the Cold War that  spawned the original movie. But I cannot make a full judgement on how I feel about it (the re-make) until I see it.

This is a very good film - well worth watching.

I have to give the original Red Dawn 9.5/10

IMDb: Red Dawn (1984)

No comments:

Post a Comment