Monday, June 23, 2014

Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966)

 A Hammer Film Masterpiece!




A far as I can remember back, my mother would speak of her favorite vampire film "Dracula, Prince of Darkness". She seemed to be drawn to the character as well as Christopher Lee himself. As my mother thought I should, I did get to view this movie a quite a young age in the mid-70s due to the fact we had the Super Scary Movie every Friday and Saturday night. To my surprise, I fell in-love with the movie  Dracula and Christopher Lee's portrayal of the evil and vile Dracula! I also fell in love with horror films!

Watching this movie again after a long period on "no see" I realized why I became a fan of Dracula and horror! Dracula, Prince of Darkness, is one of the best Dracula films ever made! It has everything from a spooky old house to a creepy caretaker, a ghost driver of a horse-drawn carriage to The Dark Prince himself!

I most definitely recommend this film to anyone that loves horror movies, vampires and the character Dracula!

10/10

IMDb: Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966)

No comments:

Post a Comment