Monday, November 14, 2016

Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet (1965)

I Kinda Liked It - I Kinda Didn't

I'm not real sure how to feel or what to think about this film. It's drab, very slow and not all that grand. There is something kinda good about it that I like because it's different, silly, kinda campy and a little bit interesting. I was guessing the film would be a bit faster paced than it is and it wasn't but somehow that's exactly what this film needed: a slower pace.

If you are watching for Basil Rathbone then don't expect to see much of him because he's hardly in the film - just the beginning of it really.

The robot doesn't do much of anything except do what it's told to do - really realistic that way but he's not much for a science fiction film, it seems he should have had a little special quality about him so he could stand out more in the film.

The movie is nothing to brag about and can be a snoozer - a bit boring at times but I still kinda liked the film a little bit.

4/10


No comments:

Post a Comment