Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Blacula (1972)

Good Vampire Film


This one is definitely underrated. I'm not saying this is the world's best vampire film - but it's a heck of a lot better than it's rating. I a good, solid vampire movie.

Some will start to feel bad for  Mamuwalde aka Blacula towards the end of the film but I find that for me it was at the very beginning that he had my sympathy. He was an African Prince (Mamuwalde) with a beautiful bride that was working to stop the slave trade and of all people it was Dracula he had to deal with. I was Dracula himself that turned/cursed the Prince - he is now doomed to walk the earth as the vampire Blacula.

The movie is not only a fun horror film but a beautiful romance film. How the film ends may surprise you... it's unexpected but make sense to the story.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment