Saturday, January 23, 2016

Suspense: A Cask of Amontillado (1949)

Good Episode - Lugosi is Great


Tonight is the first time I've seen any of the "Suspense" series - and choose this one because of Bela Lugosi. If the rest of the shows anything close to this one then I would enjoy the entire series. This particular episode is worth watching.

Bela Lugosi is really great in this as Gen. Fortunato. He's always good no matter the film but here he really outdone himself - convincing. I also enjoyed watching Romney Brent as Count Montressor just as much as watching Lugosi. The two worked well together in this Edgar Allan Poe adaptation of A Cask of Amontillado.

While this is not 100% Poe's work - it is a good take on the 1846 short story. I enjoyed watching this and I think fans of suspense, thrillers and Bela Lugosi will enjoy watching too.

8/10

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment