Monday, June 23, 2014

Hook (1991)

 Forever Young



I've always loved the story of Peter Pan! From the humble beginnings of the character as a pan-flute playing satyr to other transformations and interpretations including the film Hook!

I love the idea of staying forever young... one of the main themes that has stayed with Pan since he was first invented. I myself try to maintain a "kid at heart" approach to living life - it keeps me happy and youngish - and, maybe, that's why I've always loved the story of Peter Pan.

And Captain Hook... what can I say about him? A villain that I love and hate at the exact same time! Quite an interesting pirate that could learn a lot about love, life and laughter from Peter Pan.

This is a great family film but even those of us who are single and/or childless can still enjoy this interpretation of the story.

9/10

IMDb: Hook (1991)

No comments:

Post a Comment