Monday, June 30, 2014

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)

I Want To Go Home With E.T.

I saw E.T. (1982) when I was 10 years old - and for a long while after watching the film I wanted a space alien for a best friend just like Elliot had. I thought it would be so cool to have a secret friend not from planet earth. Just think about what I can teach and show him about earth, likewise, what the creature could show and teach me! I remember at the end of the movie I wanted leave planet earth with E.T. - and is most likely the reason why as an adult I would still love to "fly away" with space aliens (E.T. along with the aliens from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind").

As an adult I think E.T. is one of the greatest family films ever made. The movie E.T. is funny in places and a bit scary in some of the scenes. It's very cute and an all around good sci-fi fantasy family picture show that most people can enjoy.

Note: E.T. was originally going to be a sci-fi horror movie but was changed to the family film we know today.

8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment