Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Daniel Boone, Trail Blazer (1956)

Good Western


I'm not a big fan of the western genre - meaning I watch some of them but not a lot of them. So this review is coming from one that watches westerns on occasions - depending on who is in the film, recommendations and/or what the movie is about. It was Lon Chaney that attracted my attention to this film mainly but I am also interested in film biographies and histories.

While this film maybe not be perfectly accurate it is a good film that gives us a fairly decent idea of what might have took place during the real Daniel Boone's life. I enjoyed the movie.

There are 3 songs in the film - although it's not exactly a musical those scenes are like a musical. They could have left them out of the film but it did not take away from the film to me.

Anyway - I liked this film and would watch it again.

8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment